Bison Asian Spiced MeatballsA delicious appetizer or a hearty meal, you choose.
Total Time: 1 hour, Prep: 25 min, Cook: 15 minutes
- ½ onion (finely minced)
- 1 quarter size piece ginger (finely minced)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
- 1 lb ground buffalo
- 1-2 tbls fish sauce
- 1-2 tbls soy sauce
- 1-2 tbls sweet thai chilli
- 1 tbls sambal oelek
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup basil (finely chopped)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/3 c. bread crumbs
- Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger till softened (set aside and let cool)
- Mix remaining ingredients with the ground buffalo then add sauteed onion, garlic, ginger.
- Form buffalo mixture into balls, slightly larger than golf balls.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
Serve with rice and sweet thai chilli for dipping. Also can be served with bibb lettuce as a wrap.